PUBLIC PROGRAMS & RETREAT CENTER DIRECTOR
Preferred Start Date: January 6 – 20, 2020
The Public Programs and Retreat Center Director serves as the lead staff person managing the Public Programs, Retreat Center, and Site Rentals departments at Urban Adamah. The Public Programs and Retreat Center Director supervises a full-time Public Programs Associate, 6 part-time on-site residents, and a cohort of event staff. This role is equally operational and programmatic and requires exceptional project management and interpersonal skills.
- Public Programs & Retreats: Produce 120+ high quality, mission aligned public programs and retreats for over 15,000 program participants annually. Types of programs include Jewish holiday celebrations and festivals, sustainable agriculture workshops, mindfulness and other multi-day retreats, concerts, and trainings.
The Public Programs and Retreat Center Director is specifically responsible for:
- Site & Retreat Rentals: Coordinating all site and retreat rentals at Urban Adamah, including responding to rental inquiries, negotiating and writing contracts, planning logistical details, meeting with clients, processing payments, working with preferred caterers, hiring and managing event hosts, and serving as a host for some rentals. The Public Programs and Retreat Center Director is also responsible for assisting with donor visits and fundraising events.
- Residency Program: Managing the part-time work of 6 on-site residents who staff Urban Adamah’s public programs, retreats, and site rentals. Developing and facilitating trainings to onboard them to each specific program. Facilitate monthly meetings to sign up for programs, manage hours, and give and receive feedback.
- Other Responsibilities: The Public Programs and Retreat Center Director may be asked to support the organization in other ways as needed. This may include representing Urban Adamah within the greater community of the Bay Area in a variety of ways.
We are looking for someone who is in personal alignment with the mission, values and heart/mind/body/spirit approach of Urban Adamah.
Physical Demands: The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities:
This position is supervised by the Associate Executive Director.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
This is a full-time benefited position that includes healthcare, holidays, and paid time off. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. This is generally a 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM position, but will often include work done on weekends and evenings. Work will be required on some Jewish holidays.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Application Submittal Includes: Cover letter, resume, three professional references, and responses to the following short questions (max 200 words for each response).
1. Please share how you personally relate to Urban Adamah’s mission.
2. Please describe a challenging experience you had with a supervisee and how you managed it.
3. The role is largely operational and requires exceptional attention to detail and project management. Please describe why you would be a great fit.