public programs associate
START DATE: FEBRUARY 2022
The Public Programs Associate serves as the key support member for all public events on the farm. This individual is responsible, under the direction and supervision of the Public Programs & Retreat Center Director, for supporting promotion, registration, preparation for, and execution of Urban Adamah Public Programs. The Public Programs Associate will occasionally help to develop rich in-house programming with other members of the Urban Adamah team. The Public Programs Associate helps ensure positive and joyful experiences for guests through thoughtful advance preparation, coordination with program facilitators and vendors, and expert people-first problem solving. The Public Programs Associate also ensures consistent upkeep of physical event spaces in collaboration with other colleagues.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Supporting and collaborating with the Public Programs & Retreat Center Director and working with other staff and external vendors to deliver high quality, on-brand, mission aligned programming to the broader community. Types of public programs include Jewish holiday celebrations and festivals, sustainable agriculture workshops, mindfulness workshops, retreats, concerts, and trainings. The Public Programs Associate will be responsible for personally hosting some events, welcoming and helping participants connect with one another, and acting as support staff for other events. Additional work includes supporting the Public Programs & Retreat Center Director in program planning and logistics, follow-up and evaluation, and purchasing supplies for programs, as needed. Specific responsibilities will include…
- Maintain a highly organized approach to all administrative work
- Manage guest communications via email, calls, texts, and onsite visits, consistently and in a timely way
- Coordinate all onsite activities, staffing needs, and ongoing maintenance / infrastructure projects, around the Public Programs calendar and other staff and guest needs
- Maintain guest and staff related elements of sales tracking, Google calendar, digital and physical files, budgets, and supplies
- Meet regularly with the Public Programs & Retreat Center Director, and other colleagues as needed, to ensure the success of all work
NEW PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT:
- Collaborate with the Public Programs & Retreat Center Director and the Retreats & Site Rentals Associate to develop retreat content
- Assist in identifying and securing key facilitators to deliver content
- Iterate and refine on Public Program concepts over time
The Public Programs Associate may be asked to support the organization in other ways as needed, including collaborating with the Public Programs & Retreat Center Director and the Retreat & Site Rentals Associate to contribute to retreat and site use offerings, supervising volunteers or part time hires to work as site hosts for programs. This may also include representing Urban Adamah within the greater community in a variety of ways.
Competencies and strengths that will make you a good fit for this role include those listed below. We are open to applicants with varying levels and types of experience, provided that the applicant displays the skills required to successfully execute the job described above. You might be a good fit if you possess / demonstrate:
CUSTOMER SERVICE ORIENTATION:
Our collective success relies upon program guests having an experience that is inclusive, inspiring, and joyful. That level of satisfaction comes from outstanding customer service, prompt response time to support inquiries, meeting people’s needs proactively, and the care for our accommodations and overall guest experiences.
FLEXIBILITY IN THINKING & APPROACH:
The Public Programs Associate’s work is varied and wide-ranging, so you have to thrive in a changing environment, where guests and staff may have varied requests and needs. While you show flexibility to meet others’ needs, you also create clear channels of communication for team members to contact you in order to maintain your daily workflow
COMMUNICATION & COLLABORATION:
- Possess strong interpersonal skills and collaborate well with a range of colleagues and other stakeholders
- Are a people person who loves connecting and building community around you; developing partnerships is your idea of a good time, and you would look forward to meeting new people
- Are comfortable and effective working independently and as a member of a team, in both supporting and leading roles
MOTIVATION & ORGANIZATION:
- Are a self-starter
- Are highly organized, able to track and execute on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously, and are detail oriented
- Are comfortable maintaining multiple channels of communication (text, email, phone, Slack) and independently managing your workflow to keep projects on track
STRATEGY & PROBLEM SOLVING:
- Are a ‘big picture’ thinker, enjoy developing, interrogating, and implementing new ideas and initiatives
- Think ahead, can plan for events several months in advance, and hold details of a complex and dynamic calendar
- Enjoy problem solving, seeing it as an opportunity to connect with and support others and the organization
- Demonstrate a good balance of self-confidence and humility, able to name and make the most of your strengths, and welcome feedback that will lead you to grow and develop as a professional
- Are excited to work with and learn from a supervisor who can help you grow as a professional and a person
- Appreciate a work environment where you are supported, encouraged, and sometimes pushed to learn new things or consider doing things differently
The physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee in this position. Some accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities:
- Typing, writing, reading, hearing, and speaking
- Standing and walking for several hours, as well as sitting, squatting, crawling, climbing, and lifting up to 30 lbs.
This is a full-time benefited position that includes healthcare, holidays, and paid time off. The salary range for this position is $53,000 – $57,000 per year.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours a week. The Public Programs Associate will be expected to work several nights and weeks in a month as well as on Shabbat and major Jewish Holidays.
This position is supervised by Public Programs & Retreat Center Director.
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from diverse backgrounds. This includes Black, Indigenous, Latino, and Asian people, LGBTQ, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. We affirmatively seek to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION INCLUDES…
Cover letter, resume, three professional references and responses to the following short questions (max 200 words for each).
- Please share how you personally relate to Urban Adamah’s mission.
- Please share an example of a time you helped with a multi-step program, project, or initiative that required you to balance multiple details or work with a range of individuals who had different needs. How were you able to stay organized and ensure the various needs were met in a timely manner?
We will be evaluating applications on a rolling basis and will keep this job posting up until the role is filled. If you have any questions about applying, please reach out the Public Programs & Retreat Center Director, Sasha Hippard at email@example.com.