Diversity & Inclusion Recruitment Assistant
Preferred Start Date: June 2020
The Diversity & Inclusion Recruitment Assistant will work closely with the Creative & Marketing and Young Adult Programs teams to research up-to-date contacts of relevant community leaders, build recruitment lists, and support direct outreach to share this opportunity and help recruit JoC’s between the ages of 21 – 35 who are interested in urban agriculture, intentional community and service, and Jewish living and learning.
Through the generous support of the Jews of Color Field Building Initiative, Urban Adamah will offer scholarship opportunities and travel stipends for any Jews of Color (JoC’s) who may need financial assistance in order to enroll / participate in the Fall 2020 Fellowship season.
- Research organizations, university groups / clubs, community spaces, and other networks who represent / provide resources for young adults.
- Research possible contacts, and the current contact information for a diversity of stakeholders, including university groups, community leaders, and resources for JoC’s.
- Work with our Creative Marketing Manager to draft / send personalized email ‘drip campaigns’ to generate interest and follow-up with potential leads.
- Collaboratively develop outreach strategy and planning with Young Adult and Creative & Marketing departments.
- Three video conference check-ins with the Young Adult Programs Associate and Creative & Marketing Manager, over the project lifespan.
We are looking for a creative, community-oriented, and organized (digital) person, with personal and/or professional experience working with and supporting communities of color. This person should be aligned with the mission and values of Urban Adamah.
This person should also be skilled in Microsoft Office, Google Suite (Google Sheets, in particular), and have access to reliable wifi. The ideal candidate has experience networking with(in) communities of color, and is passionate about building community for Young Adults around progressive Jewish learning, multiculturalism, urban agriculture, and/or ecology. Jews of Color and People of Color strongly encouraged to apply!
ABOUT THE FELLOWSHIP
Urban Adamah is a vibrant hub of activity for young adults who want to meaningfully connect to progressive Jewish life and community. The Urban Adamah Fellowship is a three-month residential program for adults ages 21 – 35 that integrates urban organic farming, progressive Jewish learning, and communal living. The program also weaves in themes of mindfulness, food justice, social action, and leadership. Fellows live, learn, and work on our urban farm campus. We accept up to 16 individuals per fellowship season, each Summer and Fall.
SCHEDULE & LOCATION
This is a remote position and we welcome applicants within and beyond our immediate Berkeley location. The Diversity & Inclusion Recruitment Assistant will be required to fulfill 22 hours of outreach, research, and follow up with organizations, schools, and community leaders who are connected to JoC Young Adults who would be interested in this Jewish, urban farming Fellowship opportunity. Schedule TBD with supervisor. More hours may be available, depending on need.
This individual is supervised by the Young Adult Programs Associate and will work closely with the Creative & Marketing Manager.
This position pays $22 per hour, for a total of 22 hours.
Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position has been filled.
Application submission includes: resume with three professional references and cover letter with responses to the following three short questions.
- Please share how you personally relate to Urban Adamah’s mission.
- What skills and experiences do you have that would make you a perfect fit for this role?
- How has your previous work or personal experiences aligned with Urban Adamah’s mission to increase diversity, equity, and inclusion for JoC and PoC community members?